At Killey Insurance, having the proper coverage and limits comes first. With that said, we also understand that people want a good value as well. To help people find the best value, there are a number of things that need to be considered.
Does it matter what kind of car you drive? Do insurers really care if you forget to pay a credit card bill? These are the types of questions many drivers find themselves asking when they consider the cost of car insurance. The answers, however, are not always black and white. All insurance companies weigh risk variables differently, which is why some insurers may penalize you for a fender bender and others may overlook the first-time offense altogether. Continue reading to learn what types of factors could be affecting your insurance rates and what you can do to keep them in check.
Know What Factors can Affect Car Insurance Rates
Insurers may consider only some or all of the following factors when calculating the cost of your car insurance:
- Gender, occupation, and marital status
- Where you live and whether you are a homeowner
- The age of the drivers on your policy
- The type and value of the vehicle you drive (make, model, age)
- The cost to repair your vehicle
- Safety features on your vehicle
- Your annual mileage
- Your primary purpose for driving (work vs. leisure)
- Information in your driving record (speeding tickets, DUIs, etc.)
- Credit scores and information in your credit report (bankruptcies, collections, etc.)
- The number of car insurance claims you have made in recent years
The amount of coverage you select also weighs in on your rates, but cutting coverage is no way to save. Car insurance policies that offer too little liability, collision, and comprehensive coverage could leave you vulnerable to major expenses, damages, and lawsuits. Insurance might pay a portion of the damages, but you will be responsible for any liability or loss that remains after your policy limits have been exceeded. Instead of putting yourself at risk, talk with an independent insurance agent here at Killey Insurance about other ways you can save.
Always Compare Quotes from Multiple Insurers
One of the biggest mistakes many drivers make is purchasing a policy without shopping for comparative quotes. The rate differences between different insurers could be hundreds of dollars per year for the same amount of coverage, but who has time to waste shopping multiple companies on their own? Instead, make sure you are working with an independent agent here at Killey Insurance. Our loyalty is with you – not the insurer. We help West-Central Wisconsin drivers compare coverage from multiple companies, ensuring competitive rates without sacrificing the quality of coverage.
When you work with us, you get all of the support and guidance you would expect from a licensed Wisconsin insurance agent. We help you determine how much coverage you might need and find insurance solutions that ensure you and your assets are covered against financial loss. We can also help you find money-saving discounts that reduce your overall costs. Car insurance discounts may be available for drivers who:
- Combine home and auto coverage with the same insurer
- Insure multiple vehicles under the same policy
- Enroll in an approved driver safety course
- Drive fewer than 10,000 miles per year
- Have teen drivers with good grades
- Have no recent insurance claims or accidents
Call us today for more information about the cost of car insurance and to request your free quotes. We look forward to serving you soon.